Ceramics (Raku)

Ceramics (Raku)
"Moonlight Dance of the Crows"

Thursday 2 April 2015

Busy Season for Art Society Demonstrations - Lancing Art Club - Coastal Cliff Scene in Acrylics

I chose the triptych format having tried one before at Adur Art Club. To be brutally honest, that was because I had run out of big enough sheets of watercolour paper! I like the audience to be able to see what I'm doing from the back of the room as I've been to many demo's where the person out the front is fiddling about with something but you havn't got a chance of seeing it yourself.

So the subject was "Barras Nose" just round the coast from Tintagel and I used my own photos for reference. A tonal block study with gradual illumination over and employing the palette knife both to lay paint on and scratch it back for texture.

Back to the same coast on holiday this year! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment