Ceramics (Raku)

Ceramics (Raku)
"Moonlight Dance of the Crows"

Thursday 23 February 2012

LINO

Having been inspired by printmaking from several sources -namely Maxine Prescott, and my dear friend Jonathan Howlett (not to mention the works of John Buckland-Wright),

this is my first attempt at a linocut (modern synthetic) printed by hand with water-based inks.. I'm pleased with the result and with the experience in which I have learned how to approach the next.

The theme is my beloved Chanctonbury Ring (again).

3 comments:

  1. Wow Marcus, I love this. It must have taken days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi - it took about three and a half hours of cutting and a lifetime of knowing those trees! Great fun and similar to working leather hard clay.

      Your blog looks great with all the neat links.

      Is that you with the cat ears?

      Like the vinyard image. Come to think of it, I like vinyards (and the produce!)

      Delete
    2. I've never tried linocut but maybe someday. Looking forward to your next attempt.
      (And haha no, the "cat ears" is my youngest)

      Delete